Woke up at quarter-to-six this morning having an "oh SHIT" moment. Now, no one is going to bleed or die because of what I forgot, but I still couldn't get back to sleep. I hate that.
In fact, I think I've lost all ability to think ahead. Unless it's to daydream...suddenly I've become really adept and well-practiced at taking mental vacations. And it'd be OK to take a mental cruise to the Mediterranean if I could first make sure that I had thought through my work enough to see that it all gets done. But no, I have piles of crap on my desk to deal with and am instead thinking about how nice it would be to be sunbathing at the beach. Slackmaster.
So I guess I'll try to get it out of my system before coming into work today. Today's agenda:
- Get the paper off of my desk - file, process, act on, burn up. Don't care, just gone.
- Bug folks at work and at another company re: a tricky contract
- Beg HR to do an evening chorus orientation
- Try to find if a particular set of hotel keys are in or out-of-state
- Lunch with singers, my boss and the BIG boss
- Reconcile the budget and start working on projections for 2008. Ugh.
- Listen to Opera #1 that I'll be staging for a teeny local company in the fall
- Upload photos from this weekend's opera - tres charmant!
- Finish building audition pages for the fall
We'll see what else comes up today. But at least now I have a game plan, right? So I'm totally justified in daydreaming a little...