I've been up for four hours already. And while I should wait until I have a brain cell left to post, I'm even too dumb for that... here are some random thoughts:
- Having a puppy was WAY more fun yesterday when it was warm outside than it was this morning at 2:30am in the freezing cold... good thing he's cute.
- I may never get the hang of "That's what she said." I'll apologize for all the botched attempts now, because I'm going to keep trying it until it's funny, dammit!
- Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd? Have I died and gone to heaven??
- Black Friday...why do I have a totally perverse urge to go to the mall? To buy stuff for ME? Bad Rahree, bad...
And while there's a literal ton of work to be done before next summer - casting being the most pressing issue - I'm totally excited for the season to start. (The summer always looks like fun in the wintertime, I know.) I have a few personal windmills to tilt at before the season begins, though. If I'm successful, they should make this summer a little easier for our artists. The cold calling begins on Monday. Wish me luck! (Or sing me your version of "The Impossible Dream!" Or the Mission: Impossible theme... )
But there's little work-work to be done today. On the docket? Laundry, in a biiiiig way. A nap (which never happens - anyone have advice on how to train yourself to catnap?). Lunch with a girlfriend in Bethesda. Some visiting for Boo. Maybe Christmas cards? (I think I already have a gajillion, but I have no idea where I put them...) And hopefully a later bedtime than last night: I swear I was asleep on the couch by 8:30pm or something equally obscene.
- Toasty-warm Kitty curled up on my lap.
- Crossword puzzles.
- Homemade bread.
- Geographically-challenged close friends.