Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble!
I love Thanksgiving. It's the perfect holiday: sufficient food interest, an inclusive, secular nature, and a moral imperative to recognize the good things in my life that I often take for granted. No presents, no crazy mythology, and the glory that is stuffing. Bread sauteed with butter. Add a little cheese on top and, well, I'm in heaven.
This year I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm expanding the daily 5 to 10.
I'm thankful for:
- Family. While mine isn't so close geographically, they're with me daily. (the phone company is really thankful for that, too!)
- Friends - the surrogate family that you get to choose! I've been blessed to find some great new amis, and to reconnect with some amazing folks from my past.
- Good health. Other than accruing a year's worth of blisters in one week (in heels... I know, DUH.) in NYC, things are pretty good. Knock on wood and take a vitamin!
- Being able to sing for fun, without the pressure of having to make a living from it. Granted, I don't sing nearly as well as I did when I was trying to make a go of it, but I'm way less neurotic. Well, I think so, at least. Boy I hope so....
- Tiny puppy and Irked kitty. It's nice having critters in the house.
- A fulfilling job. I write a lot about it, but it's the truth.
- The space and opportunity to reflect.
- Creativity. Here's to delving into new projects and disciplines.
- Security...in who I am and where I came from.
- Possibility... I'm not sure what's coming ahead, but I'm sure it'll be a great adventure.
Best wishes to you and yours today - happy tryptophan! :)
Picture of Mt. McKinley by EM on my little camera phone.