Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
Here are the rules:
1. Put your iTunes/ music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT
After you’ve answered all of the questions, tag 5 other people and then let them know they’ve been tagged to do the meme themselves!OK, let's see how well my iTunes library knows me!
1. If someone says ‘Is this OK?’ you say
"Going through the motions" by Aimee Mann
"Something isn't right, I don't know how I know..." Good one, iTunes!
2. What would best describe your personality?
"You're not the only one I know" by the Sundays
"So I say I'm in love with the world
and what is so wrong with voicing a doubt when I'm on my own
it's perfectly fine to sleep in a chair
from Monday 'til Saturday
and what is so wrong with talking out loud when I'm all alone."
3. What do you like in a guy?"You've got to hide your love away" by Eddie Vedder.
Yep, I like 'em tortured and distant.
4. How do you feel today?
"Rubberband Girl" by Kate Bush
This one fits like a glove...bouncing from task to task, not often getting as deeply involved as I'd like.
5. What is your life’s purpose?"Change Partners" by Fred Astaire
I'm not sure about this one...ballroom dancing?
6. What is your motto?"Iowa" by Dar Williams
"But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother,
We dont like to make our passions other peoples concern,
And we walk in the world of safe people, and at night we walk into our houses and burn."
7. What do your friends think of you?"Sparks" by Coldplay
"But I promise you this,
I’ll always look out for you,
That’s what I’ll do. "
8. What do you think of your parents?"Penny on the Floor" by The Clarks
"I know it's gonna take some time
Before I look at you without looking at my own face." Yup, I'm turning into my mother...
9. What do you think about very often?
"Edge of the World" by Josh Ritter
A twangy instrumental...again, my dear iTunes, you're doing pretty well!
10. What is 2+2=
"Heart of Stone" by Griffin House
"when i offered you my hand & your face told me somethin' so wrong"...maybe the equation should read 2-1=?
11. What do you think of your best friend?
"Il finto Stanislao" overture, Verdi
Colorful, epic. Relatively short. Yup, that works!
12. What do you think of the person you like?"No Better Place" by Fountains of Wayne
"And here is your reflection
In a building uptown
A ghost inside some Madison Avenue display
Like water under bridges
You're slowly passing by
As you sail between the rooftops and the sky"
13. What is your life story?"Love Keep Us Together" by Martin Sexton
"It's been a long night tomorrow's another day
Call me when you find out the answer
And I'll hope and I'll pray
To a power that will keep me from goin' insane in the meantime"
14. What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Into the light" by Alice Peacock
She's fairly new to me, Alice Peacock, but this is a perfect tune.
15. What do you think when you see the person you like?"Closing Time" by Lyle Lovett
"The night's all that's left behind
You take your part and I'll take mine"
Wow, iTunes, way to totally depress me...
16. What do your parents think of you?
"Shoot the Moon" by Norah Jones
"The summer days are gone too soon
You shoot the moon
And miss completely
And now you're left to face the gloom"
Wow, really? I don't think I'm a terrible disappointment... better see if good Santa is to me...
17.What will you dance to at your wedding?"Australia" by The Shins
I would've totally enjoyed this one!
18. What will they play at your funeral?"Juicebox" by The Strokes
Who's so cold? Oh, yeah. I'm so cold. Whoops.
19. What is your hobby/interest?
"Tomorrow Morning" by The Blue Nile
Hmmm... not sure what this one means...
20. What is your biggest secret?"Black Wave" by The Shins
that my goose is cooked is, unfortunately, no big secret...
21. What do you think of your friends?
"Fool to Cry" by Rolling Stones
And make out like I don't understand them
You know what they say
They say, daddy you're a fool to cry"
(OK, it doesn't quite work, but...)
22. What should you post this as?
"Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" by Rufus Wainwright
"everything it seems i like's a little bit stronger, a little bit thicker, a little bit harmful for me"
Amen, Brother Rufus!
Anyone care to join in?