Time for an early spring cleaning!
It's a good time for it... get organized for the crazy summer, get rid of all the extra gak I've been hauling around (both physically and mentally), streamline so that I spend more time on the important things, and lesson trying to suss out what exactly IS important.
Step one? The Purge. Email purge, that is. Work AND home. You've heard of declaring email bankruptcy? Well, I didn't go quite that far, but I archived everything I received or sent before December 31st, and started with a blank inbox. Everything gets filed or answered or trashed. It's KPW's method, and I have to say that I am LOVING it!
If it were only so easy to get rid of the double chin I grew in 2007... sigh...
Lest you think I'm eating bon-bons and napping under my desk waiting for May, here's a list of some of the things I'm working on for the summer:
- acquiring rental materials and licensing rights for the operas we'll be performing.
- talking to conductors and contractors about instrumentation for each piece, keeping the size of our pit [tiny!] in mind.
- arranging site visits for artistic staff.
- looking over ticket scales [prices] for the different types of programming we do in each venue.
- sweet-talking some hotel chains into giving me some summer inventory for very little money. (deny yourself nothing in a dream, Rahree)
- double-checking residency dates and project assignments.
- making some staffing decisions.
- begging HR to institute direct deposit for my summer employees.
- organizing my files. Volpone was SO last season! :)
- payroll. It's never too early to start crunching numbers!
And that's in addition to working on our Chamber Music series and prepping for the National Symphony's summer residency at the Filene Center. Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll just grab some candy off KPW's desk and curl up under here for awhile...
...Rahree Costanza signing off.