universe 10, rahree 0
But over THREE TIMES THAT???
While I've tried to be positive here, for the most part, here's a post for those of you who think I have it too good. In the last four months the following things have gone wrong.
- My father died unexpectedly and much too soon.
- My sister-in-law walked away from my brother, without having the guts to even try to work on their relationship.
- My soon-to-be-ex-sister-in-law abandoned us all the week after my father passed away.
- I hurt my back seriously enough to see an orthopedist.
- Puppy exploded. Again.
- Speeding ticket for 39 in a 35 mph zone. Seriously?!
- A colleague from a previous job proved to be less a friend than an opportunist.
- All of the hay I tried to make professionally turned into chaff.
- It started to rain in my kitchen. Again.
- My vacation fund has become my car repair fund.
Add to all of that an upcoming birthday that places me closer to 40 than 30, and color me extremely malcontent. I am officially ready for the Spring of Suck to be finished. Not just because I want good things to start happening - I do, and to be honest my hubby and my friends have totally been bright spots in all of this - but because I don't like the woman that all of this suck is bringing out.
My birthday is the first day of summer...Universe, you've been warned.