So I've taken a month away from blogging.
[well, close to a month.]
It was a good decision, I think. It's hard for me to write well about struggling...I'm more of a Paula than a Simon, I'm afraid. And this spring was honestly one of the most sucktacular times of my life. I've been in bad relationships, stressful work and personal relationships, but they all pale in comparison to the struggles following my dad's death. I'd be lying if I said that I had worked through it all...BIG lie. That compounded with the awful weather and the daily irritations of living were huge mountains to climb. But as it grows warmer and sunnier I'm more hopeful; more accurately, more willing to step into the void without a promise of happily ever after. I'm feeling a little braver, and more willing to remember the man than wallow in my loss.
Most days, at least. I'm not perfect.
In the intervening almost-month, good things have started to happen again. Old friends are arriving daily and making beautiful music, and new friends are dropping by to say hello and share stories. We have some most-excellent events happening this summer, and I am so psyched to see so many cool projects come to fruition!
So I'm hoping that I can post this without being jinxed...
Things I'm loving (In no particular order)
1. The great state of Virginny, for handing driver's licenses out to pretty girls. (RC!)
2. The fact that LMB is both in town AND available for all sorts of outings. Margaritas, Senorita?
3. That there are 2 different signs in ASL for poo and shit...thanks, Ben Folds!
4. Purging possessions and lightening up.
5. The start of the summer music season!!!
6. KM, BG and the big voices of Giorno...awesome....
7. EM & JW being back in town... they're like two fabulous, irreverent brothers.
8. More daylight!
9. Sunshine and greenery....
and....drum roll please...
10. moving day!
It seems that Pollyanna is back! Let's hope the universe lets her stick around for a while...
Creaky. Creak. Creaaaaaak.
2 hours ago