2.28.09 Running to Stand Still
Oh, Bono, you unknowingly have summed up my entire February.
I've been late on a number of deadlines. (I think the Finance Department at work might revoke my "Plays-well-with-others" card. ) I've been making endless lists that just keep carrying forward. I'm running to work, and running away as soon as possible. My files are a total wreck. As is my home. And my car.
And, even though nothing's been accomplished - or perhaps due to the vast amounts of un-accomplishment - I'm tense. Sore shoulders, neck, and balancing on the cusp of getting sick/not getting sick.
And while today I'd love nothing more than to stay grubby and just clean/tidy/organize, I have a handful of lessons to teach mid-afternoon. On one hand, it's a bummer, because it splits my day up into 2 chunks and I don't have the time I need to really accomplish the things I'd like to. But, on the other hand, it's a welcome change of pace, and it's a fine measure to ensure that I finish the things that are really important before I head over to teach. Gym, chores, teach, loaf...actually, not a bad Saturday!
SO, in the next 3 hours I need to:
- strip the bed
- start laundry
- vacuum up a small percentage of the pervasive black animal hair swirling around my house
- make a grocery list - actually look in the cupboards & fridge to see what we actually need
- put away the clean laundry from last week (oops...)
- clean myself up
- Extra Strawberry-Banana Gum. Sickly-sweet and wonderful.
- New blowdryer than blows warm air! Amazing!
- The end of February.
- A possible impending snow day? Fingers crossed!