Many, many things going through my head this morning...all good, but still there's a dearth of space and a definite lack of through-line. So, sadly, all the blogosphere will get from me today is a glorified to-do list, just so I can keep myself on track.
- Coffee (always the first thing on the list.) check - currently on cup #2 of eleventy-twelve. Seriously, how would I function in the world without espresso?
- Walk the dog - check. And even though it's sunny out today, it's COLD. I do not approve.
- Shower & get ready for work. Pack extra clothes to change into for this evening's concert. (Lara St. John is premiering a piece that we commissioned. I'm pretty excited!) It's going to be a 14-hour day, easily. Comfortable shoes and a muscle relaxer for my back are, sadly, needed as well.
- Wire the second commission payment to the Australian composer for the new piece.
- Finish tweaking designer contracts...this dance of clauses and language might just kill me. I did my first drafts in January, and it's late March...ugh.
- Process all the contracts we've received. Start the second round of dunning for the holdouts who haven't sent their materials in.
- Proof more ad and brochure copy. It's endless this time of year.
- Write an article for the newsletter.
- Hire interns.
- Record accompaniments and voice tracks for my Saturday lessons and Monday class.
- Move the digital piano into my classroom for Monday.
- Reconcile January & February's budget.
- Send measurement sheets to the costume designers.
Lawdy there's lots to do! I guess I should be grateful that today's a long day...
- Sunshine - no matter that it's chilly, I'm so happy that it's not grey today!
- Re-learning how to be in the moment. Damn you, Eckhardt Tolle.
- Busy days.
- Meaningful conversation.
- Being more capable than I give myself credit for...took apart 2 icemaker mechanisms and used the parts to fix my freezer. No duct tape necessary. And I do in fact have ice, and not a wet floor. Take THAT, MacGuyver!