6.22.09 short attention span theater
Busy day today! Here's the Cliff Notes version:
- "Grrrr" workout at the gym. LOVE these days!
- Orientation for some new arrivals, in which I totally forgot to have them fill out the MOST IMPORTANT HR FORM.
- Payroll. Due 1.5 hours before it reached the appropriate desk. Dang.
- Corralled the new singers to ask them to fill out that pesky aforementioned HR form. Felt like a total dork.
- Popped a handful of Tums.
- Got a hug from one of my mentors, on campus working with some singers. Yay!
- It's not the same as seeing a man about a horse, but saw a man about a laptop and a trailer.
- Touched up my lipstick. (you really needed to know that one, right?)
- Spoke briefly in front of a reception. Tried to sound slightly polished. Didn't really succeed, but hey! An 'A' for effort?
- Chatted with singers and patrons and donors. Met a local twitterer who always has tasty things on the menu...nice to meet her IRL!
- Drove home. The long way.
- Made gnocchi for dinner. Ate most of it.
- Found this video online. Will use it for a conduct baseline for the summer...if I'm not there, I'm probably OK.
- Received a letter from the Motherland. Part of it's even written in Polish! (Thank goodness JG translated it for me) The Stationery Project continues...
- Control of the clicker.
- Great colleagues and friends.
- Butter. (seriously, I'm not convinced anything's tastier.)
- Mercurial sunsets.