One of the great parts about my job is that, after a few cycles, I can anticipate some of the ups and downs, and I feel like most days I know what I'm doing.
Most days, anyway.
But I'm terribly psyched for some new duties that involve chamber music...and, subsequently, a whole lotta research/catch up for yours truly. It's a nice change of pace from the summer's vocal agenda, and I'm excited to be trusted with a little more responsibility.
But BOY, do I need to start listening to what's out there... like, yesterday. Lots and lots of work to do! Good, fun, soul-bathing work.
Cool jobs rock, y'all.
Other cool things:
- these. beautimous.
- this. slightly ridiculous. ok, maybe a little more than slightly.
- this. element of surprise, indeed.
- this. it's my self-portrait.
- this. got a sample in the mail and smelled like heaven.
- this. like him or don't, he was part of an impressive legacy.
- this. and this. re-bought several remastered albums, and am just waiting for them to arrive.
- September weather...there's nothing more beautiful.
- Unwinding with a cup of tea.
- Homemade gazpacho from a fabulous colleague.
- The urge to create...and, more specifically, bake. With cinnamon.
- Spending my evenings with my men, of both the human and furry persuasions.