Sometimes, my darlings? You get exactly what you ask for, and it's the best thing in the world.
Not "Naw, man...it's cool." cool. Rather, "Hey, I might need to put on a pair of socks!" cool.
And that, my friends, is pretty darn cool.
I threw all of windows open, and there's a lovely breeze twirling through the house. (Glad I vacuumed up most of the pet-hair-dust-bunnies. Otherwise, well, it'd be pretty darn gross.)I broke out the fleece jacket and clogs. I slow-roasted tomatoes all day for 'mater sauce that is pretty kick-ass, if I do say so myself. I got hopped up on cooking shows and spiced tea. I contemplated making thirteen different kinds of dessert, all of which contained either apples or pumpkin, and metric tons of cinnamon.
(Still no verdict on dessert...too many choices!)
Plans for this evening include putting my PJs on early, curling up with a cup of tea or a hot toddy on the porch for a little spell, strolling with the dog around the neighborhood for a spell, and reading 100 pages in the book that I somehow cannot finish. (Side note: a reference to Vienna, VA on page 411. Woo-HOO!) I'm no quitter...and this is the weekend that the book goes DOWN.
Sounds pretty lame, right? Lame just the way I like it, that is. That's how I roll.
(A month from today I'll be in Chicago, listening to opera for 6+ hours a day. Can you believe it? In a very cool move, my colleague has added a special field to my comment database... "shoe quality." Now I finally have an official place to document the cute kicks that folks wear into the audition room - thanks SW!!!)
- Cinnamon. Nothing brings back the autumns of my childhood like a healthy dose of cinnamon. I think I'd wear it as perfume if I could.
- My fleece jacket, aka The Woobie I Can Wear In Public.
- A warm kitchen on a cool day...is there a better place to be?
- Cooking off recipe. Nice to have a starting point, even nicer to try the path less traveled by.
- Nesting with my boys on a lazy Saturday. Heaven!