I can't tell you how much I wish that I could say this picture was taken today. That yellow glow? I don't even remember what it's called, it's been so long since we've seen it. It's been cold and wet for the better part of a week, and is feeling more like January than mid-October. Add to that the bad mojo that comes with screening applications (yes folks, I've been killing dreams all week. *Sigh.*), totally ignoring the chamber music bookings I'm supposed to accrue, reinventing the 2010 budget for the umpteenth time, and dealing with a huge, horrible show-related misunderstanding, well, I'm happy to spend a day or two away from the office. Don't get me wrong - I love my job and am super-fortunate to do what I do - but it's not rainbows and unicorns all the time, for sure.
Last night we had a concert with the Canadian Brass (who, incidentally, are super nice guys in addition to being pretty freakin' masterful players. I know, you expect no less from Canadians, do you? Me either.), and between the late night and today's craptastic weather, I'm spending the day in my jammies. I've been to the grocery store to get the fixings for crock pot chili - it's simmering away and the house smells fantastic. Stopped at the hardware store to buy potting soil and new pots for some gorgeous plants that SW gave me, and repotted said plants - pictures to come! This afternoon I'm planning to swap out all of my summer dresses and tank tops for, well, wool. Because the high today will reach a balmy 43 degrees. With rain.
And all of the above?
IN MY JAMMIES.
Some of the fun things I've found trolling teh interwebs on this dreary day?
- this. Brilliant.
- this cover. heck, the whole site is pretty awesome - it's my go-to radio.
- this. opens up links and photos, DMs are easier...I'm hooked. (Lemme know if you want an invite!)
- this. I totally didn't know about World Animal Day! Although, every day is animal day at my house...
- every music teacher is cringing at the sight of these...
- Football and movies on the tube.
- Puttering around the house.
- Spiced apple cider.
- Having an environmental excuse for staying in all day.