Boy, am I tired.
(On a related note, I think I probably have 18 posts titled "reentry." It's a theme...)
We spent several weeks welcoming different people into a room, and listening as they sang. A new voice every 10 minutes or so, beautiful singing and piano-playing...constant stimuli of a lovely, creative kind.
Today? No new face every 10 minutes. No opera. No more daily Pierrot for Rahree. Instead, spreadsheets and expenses and meetings, all interspersed with moments of wandering into the Boss Lady's office and whining "but people can find me now..." and "Why is this so hard today?"
Reentry is, in fact, a bitch.
(Or maybe that's just me.)
I do love the tour, but I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine, and to reconnecting with the work buddies I've missed over the last month. And, being that it's holiday season, I'm looking forward to the office party, to hacking through carol arrangements at the piano, and to baking until my kitchen is coated in flour.
Here are some good things that I found after spending WAY too much time on google reader:
- This. Especially if your winters tend to be rainy, rather than snowy.
- This. TASTY!
- This. Also tasty, but in a different way. (Thanks, EM!)
- This. It's a little trippy, but so elegant.
- This. A little mindfulness goes a long way during the holidays, eh?
- This. Because sometimes mindfulness is overrated, and you just need some good, old-fashioned snark.
- Fleece-lined shoes.
- Getting lost in stories.
- Bacon. Bibbity-bobbity-BACON!
- Slowing down.