- I made a bit of a boo-boo with my nephew's gift, and found myself running to Tysons Corner (aka the third ring of Hell) at 4pm this evening. By 5:15pm I was home. The catch? I didn't even make it into the mall...not even into a parking lot. GAH! There were police at ever intersection, waving people through - or not waving people through - in a thoroughly random fashion. But getting frustrated with the police? Not cool, especially at this love-your-neighbor time of year. Actually, I think love is driving around a shopping mall on one of the busiest days of the year at rush hour. Even if you don't make it in.
- (I am thanking my stars for amazon.com right about now!)
- Hubby gave me the best present - a piano keyboard that hooks up to my laptop via usb. I had one when I was teaching, and have wanted that accessibility back since I left the job. I love noodling around on garage band, but it's so much easier with this new tool. And he got it for me because he noticed how happy I was when I was doing something musical...looks like I wasn't the only one who noticed that something was missing. Yay hubs!
- I broke myself. My right hip is killing me, and a workout (including a good stretch) didn't really help. Hoping it's just the aftermath from some vigorous snow-shoveling.
- Feeling prepared.
- Seeing great gifts for my dad all around me.
- Godiva liqueur. Yum!
- Wired ribbon.