- Was given two super fancy-schmancy sippy cups...one for hot drinks, and one for cold. And the cups are totally doodle-able! Drinking +art=BIG WIN. Lemme break out those colored Sharpies! (Btw? KPW rules!)
- Got a fancy-pants new work computer, with a monitor SO BIG that it honestly casts a shadow on the wall behind me. It's AWESOME. You should be jealous.
- Got some work done. (Go figure!)
- Was forgiven by El Diablo for some middle-of-the-night ear cleaning and medicating. (That dog knows how to hold a grudge...much like his mama.)
- Chatted with several people who I like very much. Many of whom I work with. It's a win-win!
- Successfully navigated Foggy Bottom. It's not a given, for sure.
- Had a fabulous evening reconnecting with one of my oldest (as in years-we've-known-each-other. We're still both 27.)and dearest friends. And she's in town for almost two weeks! SCORE!
- Actually shed a tear at how many things went right, at how much goodness was parked in my lap today.
Are all days this good, and I just don't notice it? Or was today as special as it seemed to be?
I don't know.
But whoa, am I grateful.
And I hope that, if you're reading this, you get a day like this sometime soon.
- Friends who knew me before I was coupled, and like me just the same.
- Getting out of my comfort zone.
- Trading trade secrets.
- Fava beans.
6. maybe sometime learning how to take flattering pictures of myself with an iPhone. So far? Elusive.