But look! I've been given an award!
Five by Five gave me the Honest Scrap Award. I'm thrilled that she thought of me! (And more than a little thrilled that my mom's not the only one who reads this. Wheee!) Being described as both honest and scrappy is a pretty high complement in my book. I hope you'll stop by and say hello to this lovely lady!
So, part of the deal is that I have to list 10 facts about me, and point you toward other bloggers whose writing I admire. Easy peasy. Bloggers first:
- Little Miss Bossy - whip-smart, candid, and - due to a cool job and a crazy big move on the horizon - endless content.
- Communicatrix - insight and poetry in large amounts.
- Sir at etceterablah.com. Great writing, unique perspective.
- Refugee - I think he might be one of the few gentlemen left in the world...his writing is entertaining and interesting.
- I don't really know what color my hair is.
- I used to sit in my closet, waiting for the back to open up like it did for those Narnia kids.
- I am hugely conflict-averse. It's gotten worse lately.
- I eat candy like it's going out of style.
- I think about my dad daily.
- I drove home from Pennsylvania without the radio on. Or cds in. Just quiet, and the occasional moment of busting into song.
- If I wasn't married, I'd have too many pets. (Like my mom...the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree.)
- I work out almost daily. Mostly because of #4.
- My guilty pleasures are cartoons, sci-fi novels, Justin Timberlake and slightly stale cheese puffs.
- I cannot function without coffee. Full stop.
This is an early and busy morning at the Rahree house. Hubby caught an early flight to the west coast for business, and per usual I'm having some ladies over to hang. (This time one of my neighbors totally outed me...hubby looked at me Friday night and said "So, I hear there's a party at the house on Sunday?" Dang.) Plus, I'm running a 5k this morning...I have to admit that I'm still thinking about not running it. I know it'll be fun - well, as fun as a run in the cold can be - but I'm nervous, I don't want to come in last, yadda, yadda, yadda. So, to keep myself from procrastinating, I'm going to have another cup of coffee, Walk the (currently snoring) dog, and get into my gear. Wish me luck!
- COFFEE. Elixir of the GODS.
- New music.
- Sleepy animals.