Aaahhh...weekend. Getting a lot done, but getting some welcome time to recharge. Or pre-charge, as I like to call it. When I'm not up to my ears in opera or home improvement tv, I like to surf teh interwebs. And I like to post cryptic links to things, in the wild hope that you'll click through and find something that you think is interesting.
Today? Is one of those days.
Today? Is one of those days.
- This. Did you know? I'm not sure that I want my inane 140-character thoughts preserved for all time. Granted, I would've assumed that they'd be kept somewhere for a certain amount of time...but FOR ALL POSTERITY??? That's just too much gravity for "has officially had TOO MUCH CAFFEINE. Gaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!" Am I right?
- Our favorite shiny-sneakered pianist has found a way to make me desire an iPad EVEN MORE THAN I DID BEFORE. Damn you, Lang Lang. (By the way? This piece almost made it on to my senior college recital. I do a mean lip trill.)
- This made my inner feminist laugh. (If you have a 'Y' chromosome, feel free to skip this.)
- The line between health food and comfort food is oh so slim (says the girl who ate half a wheel of brie for dinner. But I went to the gym first! That makes it OK! Right?), but this looks like it might have the best of both worlds.
- I love these guys. New album out soon...and, from the first single, it's worth the $.
- And, in the so-sexy-i-might-die category, this 80's remake. HOT. (The video? not so much. Unless you're in love with St. Vincent.)
- I know butter's not a health food. But this makes me take it so much more seriously.
- Want some goooood singing in your life? Check this out. There's a fee, but it's SO worth it. I hear there's a pretty fabulous bass-baritone in the mix...
- One of my favorite memories of my Nana is going to her apartment and eating butter mints (hmmm...a theme?) and caramel pudding. Caramel pudding that she made but putting a can of milk in a pot of boiling water. There was no Jell-O packet to be seen...it was MAGIC! (My mother considers me certifiably crazy for still craving caramel pudding, but that's a story for another post.) This is a recipe that I will definitely hang on to for the first cold snap of fall!
- This song reminds me vaguely of my Nana's pudding, with the bonus of being country enough for my Papa to enjoy. He never really got it, though...
- I bought two pairs of these bad boys for the summer...lightweight, flattering, and COMFY. Huzzah!
- I love this guy's site, drawings, whole philosophy. This is one of the doodles that I've printed out and hung in my office. This is another. I heart him. And I have to admit, I wish I had the insight and persistence to steal his job. :)
- I was talking to my mom on the phone, and heard a bird chirping in the background. My mom knew what kind of bird it was. I didn't. I just ponied up a ridiculous amount of $ for this...because I want to know who's singing in my trees! (for the record, it was a cardinal.)
- And, finally, this. Because it's oh so true.
- Having room to (temporarily) stretch out on the bed.
- Puppy kisses. I love that big lug.
- Brie. Wait - brie that I don't have to share. (It tastes better, I swear.)
- Time to recharge, to be alone, to be silent.
- Creative work.