past my bedtime
(that last statement is maybe only partially true...)
Fast-forward more years than I'd like to admit. I'm still an early riser...still love the sound of birdsong, the feeling of being the first one up, enjoying the slow-motion wake-up of the wider world. Coffee on the porch, a slow, quiet start to the day? Well, that's the best kind of wake-up, in my opinion.
But sometimes my super-awesome job? Well, it doesn't jive so well with my circadian rhythms. Like tonight. It's currently well after 1am, which to many of my summer pals is early early. And, after a great night and a sold-out symphonic (yeah ORCHESTRAL MUSIC!) performance of a fantastic movie (did I ever tell you that in 5th grade I constructed a hobbit hole out of papier-mache and scraps from carpet and wallpaper stores? I didn't?!? Well, it's probably because my nerd cred is solid enough without that particular bit of info.) I'm totally wired for sound.
Here's the thing: regardless of when I go to bed, I'll be up by 7:30am tomorrow. It's sick sick sick, I know. But true. So I'm surfing the net, writing little snippets of horrible poetry, wading through new music, making lists of things I know I'll be too tired to do tomorrow. I should go to bed! But I'm too awake.
And that's why I'm blathering to you.
- The official finale to my summer season. It was a pretty wild ride!
- Weather cool enough to make opening a bottle of red wine a good thing.
- Rainy weekend mornings.
- Hubby- he leaves every outside light on for me when I'm working late.
- Laundry-and-football-filled Sundays.
- cute octopi.
- pretty song.
- i'll just come out and say it: i'm an Apple whore.
- wait, so I can set my coffee maker AND crock pot and have diner breakfast when I wake up??? Sweeeeet.