It's one of those hiding-in-plain-sight days off. I'm home, running my usual weekend errands and such, going to the gym, hanging on the porch. But everyone else is at the office, in the classroom, tending the store.
And so this free day is really feeling, well, free.
I spent a long time on the porch this morning. Coffee, watering the plants, getting hit full force in the face with cold water from the sprinkler (note to self: caffeinate before operating machinery.), and chatting with the neighbors. Boo and I took a long, leisurely stroll, and then I headed to the gym for class. (A step class, but on round bouncy platforms! Not a bosu, something different...almost like mini trampolines. Fun!) Found a cool pair of pants on the Anthropologie sale rack - score!
Got some good news from TC about KC. (Sending you both lovelovelovelove.)
Came home, walked my dry cleaning to the cleaners, continued on and loaded up 2 bags with groceries. Walked them home. (I may have also stopped at Norm's for a bottle of vino.)
Now? The breeze is blowing, the sun is shining AND it's lightly raining...I don't know how it's happening, but it's seriously lovely.
- Not needing to rely on a car.
- Local small businesses and their owners.
- My ridiculous cat and his ridiculous harness. I've crossed over, and am now one of those women. (But I'll never, ever, dress him up. I have standards.)
- Music...new voices, and old favorites alike.
- Ice cold beverages, covered in condensation.