It's been a summer.
Not technically over yet, let's be honest...we have a big honkin' show on the 24th that will be seven shades of fantastic. But that's, like, OVER a WEEK away!
(And I am reminded of how irritated I was when my secondary school students wouldn't actually pay attention to the musical until 2 days beforehand...and wonder why I got so worked up, when it seems way easier than stressing for weeks over something ephemeral...oh, the irony...)
But in the last 48 hours I have:
- Been rained on. multiple times.
- Squished sand between my toes.
- Fed thousands of mosquitos using just my ankles...btw, anyone know the symptoms of malaria? Message me if I should change my cocktail to gin & tonics...
- Read this book. And, heavens help me, bought the next two in the series. I'm totally, unabashedly, hooked. And also? I want a dragon.
- Stepped, regrettably, on a scale. If you can't say something nice...
- Got the proofs of my new shots. (See previous post... do extra chins read as 'trustworthy'?)
- Eaten the finest mushroom risotto of my life...dadgonit. It's a challenge. (Ladies - and you know who you are - you'll be eating it a LOT as I try to get it right...prepare yourselves.)
- Bought a wool sweater. Rushing the season and all of that...
- Got reacquainted with my hubby after a busy, busy summer. And that, my friends, is worth its weight in gold.
- September resolutions...the teacher's new year.
- Long-range surprises.
- Good stories. With many pages. And crazy, Welsh-infected names. And dragons. And sequels...
|messy hair, crazy smile...the true me.|