After a good but intense workweek, taking an hour to run with a pal and catch up? Is really a fantastic way to start the weekend. Especially when the run starts a little later because it's too chilly for either one of you to contemplate voluntarily spending time in the cold AND dark. Granted, I totally bonked because I forgot to eat breakfast (when do I EVER forget to eat? WHO AM I?), but we still cranked out 7 miles. Rawr.
There are a million things that I want to do today:
- clean house (literally - this place is a sty.)
- organize my closet, so that I actually wear more than 20% of my wardrobe.
- play with Garage Band a little more (SO FUN).
- noodle around on CodeAcademy. (what's that saying about old dogs and new tricks? Because I am learning how to code. WOOF.)
- finish 1Q84. Halfway through and totally mesmerized.
- start The Artist's Way. I know, I know... I'm so frickin late to this party. But I've been trying to journal/do 'morning pages' every day, and I should probably figure out the why and whatfor...
- make something tasty. any of these will do.
- mani-pedi. just to have someone rub my feet would be 100% awesome.
- continue planning for hubby's party next weekend...it's gonna be SO fun.
But anything that doesn't get done today will get done tomorrow or Monday...it's a low-key, no-pressure kind of day...and for that, I am quite grateful.
- Running. (And, actually, it's still closer to 'shuffling', but it's all I've got.) Had you told me even six months ago that I'd look forward to running? I would've snorted, and made some comment about 'only running when being chased by something terrifying.' It's an interesting change, and i'm enjoying it.
- Reading. It's not just for the 15 minutes before I fall asleep anymore.
- Stream-of-consciousness writing. ("But Rahree," you ask, "how is that any different than this drivel you type here?" Well, the other stuff is in cursive...
- Peppermint soap. Tingly!
- Smartwool socks. Wool usually makes me itchy and grumpy, but these are THE BOMB. (And the bonus? Cute stripes! Have a party in your shoes!)