Somehow, I can't make them work as nicely with this new interface...so, please forgive this messy-looking post.
- The mosquitos are both vicious and heavy-footed. I can feel when those little bastards alight on my ankles, arms, feet. Just smashed a bloody one across my palms, like war paint. Ew.
- Feeling dissatisfied today. No doubt from the transition, from the thought of going from full-out and not being able to stay on top of things to having a total dearth of social outlet. I went to the gym, and in a fit of middle-aged-lady pique did as many weight machines at as high a weight level as I could manage. That'll show 'em, right? Or maybe it'll just make me even more tired and totally unable to raise my hands to shoulder height...
- Took my car to the mechanic to get rid of the icky mildewy smell in the AC (outcome? temperatures will drop to a totally comfortable level for the remainder of August, so that I have no need to turn my AC on until 2013.), and found out that my mechanic's name was Chaz - spelled Cyz, of course. Because he's from Warsaw. And knew how to pronounce my last name, even with its dearth of vowels. Now that we've met, and in spite of the fact that we've determined that I only know how to swear in Polish, he's expecting to see me at the Polish church in Silver Spring and is pushing me to bring my mom. I love that, in every city, there is a small town that will find you if you let it. Cyz, so very happy to make your acquaintance today! (And thanks to Sadiq for making it happen!)
- finally put my FitBit back on today. By day's end, I feel sure that I'll have logged at least 12,000 steps. Granted, I've only tooled around my neighborhood, but I'll still take that # as an accomplishment.
- (I also went to the gym and had a green smoothie and did some work and cleaned the litter box and took out the garbage and folded laundry. Yep...feelin' miiiighty virtuous. Balancing it out with a glass of wine or two on the porch.)
- Hubs is looking at new cars. Now, if you know me, you know that this is a bit of a thing for us...but this car would be for him, not for me. I'm Ok with that...mostly because I am going to be able to drive my little beater for another few years without having to feel badly about dinging something new, and will likely get a guilt purse or watch out of the deal. EVERYBODY WINS!
- I've woken up singing the last few days...it signals that the summer's almost over, because I don't sing when our folks are in town. But I'm so compelled to now - I wake up in the morning wanting to chirp like a bird. Making a very public note to schedule some time with myself and a piano and a recorder next week...and not just a paltry half-hour, but something more significant.
I always feel more compelled during transitions to reach out. If you've not heard from me over the summer, give me a nudge: I guarantee that you've been on my mind, and that I'll be reaching out sooner rather than later to reconnect.
Or your death will be a happy day.
1 day ago