Tomorrow is a work day, so today is technically Saturday and Sunday all in one. I had grand plans for today - a million things on the do-to-list, both necessities and fun things. But several factors have combined to make that list almost impossible:
1. The weather. Practically Perfect in every way.
2. The animals, who have decided that I'll leave forever if they let me out of their sight. One of the two have been my constant companion (sitting outside the shower, clamoring to join me in the bathroom, jumping on the counter when I'm pouring a needed cup of coffee) since I woke up this morning. (and yes, they tag-teamed the wake-up, too.)
3. A sudden, almost-lethal case of the clumsies. I have 4 new bruises, have both skinned & burned my hand on the hot grill, burned the other hand on the oven, stubbed a toe, hit my head. And I've only been out of bed since 7:30am.
So, it's in the interest of self-preservation that I'll be sitting on the porch, drinking water out of a cup with a straw (and trying desperately to not put an eye out), and doing some reading and writing this afternoon. Maybe the dog will get a walk if I'm feeling bold...
Maybe it's the barometer? Or maybe I'm just feeling disjointed, and it's manifesting itself quite literally. Dunno. But I do feel fairly justified in taking it easy for the rest of the day. :)
Wishing you a wonderful afternoon, and the perfect amount of leisure time. Oh, and grace...
1. Beautiful fall afternoons.
2. Homemade pumpkin pecan spice muffins.
3. Dishwashers and laundry machines and microwaves that make life so very easy.
4. Sweet stories. Moonrise Kingdom was a winner, and I'm head-over-heels into Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore.
5. The (literal) calm before the storm.
With lots of shiny accessories to shop for.
5 hours ago