Today was an epic day! Mayan apocalypse, equinox, and - last but not least - my half birthday. (I didn't start keeping track of half-birthdays until my first teaching job. Those girls celebrated their half-birthdays with as much verve as their actual birthdays!) We were granted an early holiday break, so I spent the day doing holiday-related domestic tasks...last-minute shopping, wrapping gifts, and the labor-intensive pierogi-making process. I only made it a few hours with the pop-ified carols, and then had to bah-humbug them off. But it was largely a lovely day, even if the holiday spirit hasn't quite taken hold.
In the spirit of giving, I have links for you!
- This video. You can't walk by without touching. And the looks of concentration and delight on their faces? Gifts indeed.
- Stories illustrated in the pages of a book, quite literally.
- Not a student anymore. Still true.
- The Noun Project. What's the icon for supercool?
- The meaning of life, illustrated.
- And another take.
- I do love Mary Oliver. And Miss Sophie of a synonym for living, too.
- Bring back thorn.