I'm kicking off a week staycation, and after being sparkly and on for most of the summer, I took a full day (unintentionally) to appease my inner introvert. The day went like this:
- 5am. Wake up to a dog nose-whistling. Fed the hounds, and then we all fell back to sleep (hallelujah!) until 6am
- Gave said hounds chewie toys at 6am; Napped for another 45 minutes on the couch as they chewed.
- Woke up for realz. Coffee. Journal. Porch time with the critters. A chat with the neighbor.
- 8:30-9:30am Start & finish a beginner Code Academy class on CSS.
- 9:30-noon. Red up (clean) the house. Laundry, vacuum all the dog hair. (A larger job than one might assume.)
- Noon-1pm. Walk around the neighborhood, with my new favorite playlist from my colleague Kevin. Stare at a snapping turtle who was just chilling under the water.
- 1pm. Shower and clean up. Lunch!
- 3pm. Start to read. Nap instead. For two hours.
- 6pm. Pick up sushi for dinner.
- 8pm. Transcribe botanical and watchmaker journal pages for The Smithsonian. Such awesome geeky fun!
Phone: dead. Didn't notice until I couldn't order sushi at 6. If you've tried to find me, I'll be back online by tomorrow am. (well, later tonight, but I'm going to bed.)
Number of people I spoke to today: 2, including my husband.
Time I'm going to bed: sometime within the next 2 hours.
It's been a wonderful, antisocial, rejuvenating kind of day. Looking forward to a week of getting my geek on - outside of the office!
The return of My Five - 5 things I'm grateful for:
- Quiet. (There's still so much to listen to.)
- Cobalt blue.
- Good music.